At a point in time, data-operated marketing, Artificial Intelligence, and Voice Search, engines had no such relevance in the technological world. They were considered some mere ambitious concepts that would not propagate accordingly. However, today these concepts have seen the light of success in its revolutionary way. In 2020, they are considered the most prioritized concepts of the business era.
Moreover, why would not the concepts be prioritized? After all, when it comes to competition in the business field, you must vividly adapt to the progressing technological advancement in the digital marketing platform. Let us discuss digital marketing trends that you absolutely cannot ignore in the year 2020.
- Artificial intelligence: If you are not aware of the advancement of technology today, then you are probably unaware of the fact that artificial intelligence is gradually dominating its way out in the year 2020.
From gaining a sustainable competitive advantage allowing enterprises to move into new sectors to cost-minimization and technology-driven products and services, AI is playing a pivotal role in business transformation.
In addition, AI can evaluate consumer buying behavior and patterns, and use business data to comprehend how customers search for products and services. So it is right to conclude that AI will soon be the driving force for a plethora of services in various business sectors like:
- Product recommendations
- Basic communications
- Email personalization
- Content creation
- E-commerce transactions
- Programmatic advertising: Programmatic advertising uses artificial intelligence to operate ad buying in a way that it can fetch an accurate audience for the brand.
- Chatbots: This is one of the important aspects of digital marketing and it is going to remain so in the year 2020. This enables you to chat with your customers in real life at any hour of the day.
- Conversational marketing: This facilitates the one to one system of interaction between customers and marketers. Customers prefer this system as they get an immediate real-time response to their queries.
- Personalization: The one key to success in 2020 is to personalize your complete marketing system starting from products, contents, emails, etc.
- Video marketing: It is one of the important elements for marketing, and it is going to remain so for the next 5-10 years. It is very important to incorporate video marketing into your digital marketing strategies in the year 2020.
- Influencer marketing: It is a type of vocal or word-of-mouth marketing where key personalities are used to convey your products to a larger marketing area.
- Social media/messaging apps: The statistics of the messaging apps forecast the real value of it when it comes to marketing trends. Billions of people are on these social messaging apps, making it a great place for displaying your brands.
- Visual search: Visual search can help people get a greater experience. People can upload a picture of the specific thing they wanted to search and get instantaneous results.
- Micro-moments: To have the full advantage of this system in 2020, marketers need to be very careful and should place themselves in a way so that consumers could find whenever they are turning to a device to search for something at that moment. In other words, marketers have to be “be useful, be there, and be quick.”
- Smart speakers and voice search: As the amount of voice searches has increased considerably within the years, the marketers need to rethink their digital marketing strategies in 2020 and give more importance to voice search systems.
- Social-media stories: The popularity of this story concept redeemed from the Snapchat platform and now it has been popularized on Instagram, Facebook, and even YouTube. Therefore, marketers must consider this while promoting their brand online.
- Push notifications of browser: These push notifications are on the higher end of success and have been extensively used in marketing. 2019 has seen greater aspects of it as more than 85% of the online stores used it to engage customers.
- Content marketing over SEO: In 2020, Google rolled out with some new updates that confirmed that content marketing is much more effective than search engine optimization and thus content marketing continually dominates SEO.
- Search engine optimization (A/B split testing): When it comes to modernized marketing, everything renders about analysis and testing. By the use of the A/B testing, you can easily determine which versions are best complementing your business by driving the desired results.
- Shoppable posts and social commerce: When both social media and e-commerce platforms are growing at an extensive rate, there is no wonder why marketers are using both for generating sales.
- Interactive content: Interactive content is one of the fastest-growing trends in digital marketing. In 2020, we are bound to experience dynamic and engaging content instead of traditional text-based boring content.
- Omnichannel marketing: It was one of the most popular buzzwords of 2019 and is most likely to be the one in 2020.
- Immersive technologies and augmented reality: It has been essentially predicted by Gartner that by 2020, almost 70% of the organizations are going to be under the influence of augmented reality and only 25% of them will deploy towards production.
- Augmented and predictive analytics: In the year 2020, digital marketing will come under the influence of this a lot more due to its significant use in lead scoring and in segmentation and personalization of an individual, which effectively helps marketers to improve the customer loyalty base.
- The rapid growth rate of geo-fencing: Geo-fencing is a great system to target customers as it uses the customer’s location for real-time targeting.
- Progressive web apps: They are websites that can be used as mobile apps. The year 2020 will bring in more and more Smartphone users and it is expected to reach up to 2.87 billion by this year.
- User-generated content: It is a Strong resource for marketers who want to enter the millennial markets. The year 2020 marketers need to have this system to grow.
- Blockchain technology: By 2020, we will see the following trends in the Blockchain: tracking of media buys, elevating transparency, handling of social impressions, pinpointing the target, protection of personal data, provenance, and authentication.
- Quantum computing: A new technology is significantly based on Quantum Physics.
- Deep learning and larger data
- Smart auction of google ads
- The position zero in SERP
- Superior Analytics
- 5G technology
- Secluded marketing
- Security of the website
- IoT advertising
- Long-form content
- Keyword search
- Structured data
- Search engines
- Voice marketing
In these recent times, everything we can think of is online. So taking business and marketing to the web is a tactical approach that can be proved profitable. Digital marketing is a dynamic platform with a constant employment rate and even more. Recently there have been many new job openings in this field. Therefore, the digital marketing trends mentioned above are very essential for any marketer to take their business to the next level.